[Asterisk-Users] Kernel Freezes with T100P

Zach Chambers zach at savagepoint.com
Wed May 12 06:10:08 MST 2004

Thomas,

Ok, I was wrong yesterday.  The reason I went to the stock kernel was
that I could not get the Fedora "kernel-source" based kernel to
successfully "make HOSTCC=gcc32 modules" There were so many modules that
would not compile using that stock config that I gave up.  The reason I
had to recompile is that Fedora does not come with the generic HDLC
driver by default.

That said, I pounded through it last night and got v2188 of the Fedora
kernel compiled. With HDLC support, and successfully compiled the Zaptel
driver against it.  I'm only using the drivers/t100p for network links,
so things that might be different about my configuration are:

#define CONFIG_ZAPATA_NET
#define CONFIG_ZAPATA_PPP

In zconfig.h.

The same problem occurrs even with this kernel:  /sbin/ifup hdlc0,
/sbin/ifdown hdlc0, /sbin/ifup hdlc0 reliably freezes the kernel within
30 seconds after the last command.  During one freeze I actually got
some kernel oops info but had no way to save it.  Working on that now. I
have also tried moving the card to a different PCI slot with no effect.

So, any other ideas are welcome, along with any ideas for obtaining
additional debugging info.

Thanks,

-Zach.