[Asterisk-Users] Where to get 48 volt Power Supplies for Cisco IP Phones

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed May 12 06:06:46 MST 2004

At 07:04 AM 5/12/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I picked up some Cisco IP phones 7940, however, was foolish to not catch the
>fact that they do not come with power supplies..  Cisco power supplies for
>them are  $150 (Can you believe it..) or more from a retailer I know.  I
>found one place that sold compatible ones for $15 aus but with a 8 week turn
>around..
>
>Can anyone point me in the direction where I can do some Mail Order of
>48volt power supplies (240 AC in Australia)

I would not buy the Cisco supply.  I use the 3com 3cnjpse on most of our
Cisco 7940g and 7960g phones.  They are available in the US for less than
$20 each.  You need a custom wired Cat 5 cable (easy) from the power
injector to the phone but this allows one less cord plugged into the back
of the phone cluttering your desktop.  My injectors are labeled: Input
100-240v  50-60hz 500ma, output 48vdc 400ma.  They should work
anywhere.  You would need to supply the localized power cord for Australia
if you bought them from the US.

http://www.3com.com/prod/en_UK_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=features&sku=3CNJPSE

http://nexttag.compuvest.com/Description.jsp?ItemID=46741

The price is good here but ignore the power specs as they are wrong.

Tom