[Asterisk-Users] Terrible TICKING sound

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Wed May 12 03:47:19 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 21:14, tmpm wrote:
> Ive found this in audio apps on other boxes when the power supply is really
> loaded down hard.
> Just one more "maybe" for you to check. Have you blown the dust out of the
> P/S lately? Dirt and temp variations seem to affect it as well...found this
> with audio equipment at a broadcast station. (Streaming server on a Linux
> box) Not saying its your situation, but wont hurt to check. If it does
> help, a beefier power supply might help here. It cured my case.

I found that it also can come from the power that you are powering the
PC with.

My asterisk box emit's ticks especially on my ISDN phones, it didn't do
so before i moved it recently and the only difference i can see is the
powerbar.

Originally i had the box on a APC powerbar with filters etc. Now it's on a plain one without filters.
Moving it back on a powerbar with filters solves the problem.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot net