[Asterisk-Users] Error compiling Zaptel

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 11 08:34:24 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 10:16, San Singhania wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished downloading asterisk and when trying to compile the
> zaptel drivers, get the following errors. I dont have a clue whats
> going on...
> can someone help.
>

> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2:#error Modules should never use
> kernel-headers system headers,
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: error but rather headers from an
> appropriate kernel-source package.

> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:5:2: #error to build against the
> currently-running kernel.
> make: *** [zaptel.o] Error 1

Lets draw your attention to these excerpts of the errors you sent.

Once you read those error messages, you should formulate the opinion
that having the kernel source for your running kernel is IMPORTANT. Then
you will also need to make sure you have the proper modversions.h built
by the kernel source too.