[Asterisk-Users] Long delays when talking betwwen SIP phones

Greg Scasny gscasny at golden-tech.com
Tue May 11 08:09:52 MST 2004

I am experiencing some long delays when talking SIP to SIP (I will talk,
it it takes about 2 seconds for that conversation to reach the other SIP
phone, and when they talk back, same thing) on our local LAN. Traffic is
relatively light on our LAN. But talking SIP to PSTN works fine, no
delays. If anyone has experienced similar delays, what have you done to
correct it?

I have tried different codecs (GSM to GSM, ulaw to ulaw) and still the
same result.

I truly think this that the problem lies within the LAN, but wanted to
make sure that others have not had the same problem and it turned out to
be a config issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.............>>Greg

Gregory P. Scasny