[Asterisk-Users] Terrible TICKING sound

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Tue May 11 07:45:50 MST 2004

I've fought with this problem on and off.

Number 1 thing to check is /proc/interrupts to ensure that your card
isn't sharing an interrupt with something else.

Number 2 is a bit of an unknown variable - my guess is either
electrical noise, or perhaps vibrations affecting your card inside your
box.  I find that carefully remounting my tdm400p/x100p so that nothing
at all is touching it (no wires, no plastic, nothing - except at the
mount point) will make the problem go away the majority of the time.
If it doesn't go away, try re-mounting again.

It's a little scary, especially when you're working with a
small-form-factor machine.
Ryan