[Asterisk-Users] Line appearances

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Tue May 11 06:28:42 MST 2004

Hi Joseph,

I'll assume you mean a 7960 with the SIP image...

Yes, you can register the same SIP client multiple times. Each line
appearance on a 7960 configured for SIP is a separate SIP client. Each
can register with completely different SIP proxies (providers) or you
can have several registrations for the same directory number (DN) so
that instead of call waiting, additional calls appear at the next
available line appearance.

I can't answer your coded question since I always use g.711ulaw.

-brian