[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk resource consumption..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 11 03:07:35 MST 2004

No this is not another of the "What hardware do I need?" posts.. :)

Just wondering if anyone has calculated the memory consumprion for
running asterisk..

For example, when its idle it uses U MB or RAM,  uses V MB for each
active Zap channel, W MB for each active SIP channel, X MB for each
active IAX Channel and Y MB for each VM channel..

I often read posts where guys are throwing 1-2GB or RAM at a server and
this seems extreme to me but there don't seem to be any numbers for
people to use as a guide (could be placed on voip-info.org)..

Unfortunately my system is to small to do any real testing of this kind
but I would be happy to help somone who has a bigger more active system
to get the numbers..

Later..