[Asterisk-Users] Notice for Gentoo Users In Regard to mpg123

David Liu dtliu at scu.edu
Mon May 10 22:01:28 MST 2004

Thanks Brain,

I did see your post a couple days ago.  Actually I didn't mention, but I was
using 0.59r but found it has problems dealing with variations between MP3
files.  What this really means is if you have a batch of MP3 files with a
mixture of 80K, 128K 256K etc.... then mpg123r will play the files in the
wrong speed (not decoding properly).  The solution was to either encode
everything 80K or 128K etc... That's why I had to change it to something
else.

David