[Asterisk-Users] I love you!

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Mon May 10 20:53:51 MST 2004

tmpm wrote:

> Of course, and I suggest a firewall as well, but its NOT going to do
> anything for a purloined email some infected machine in Bumsquatialand
> sending it as you. Theres only so much you can do.

If you run your own mailserver, I suggest the following to keep your
braindead users from being infected by the "click here" or "open random
attachment" vector:

http://www.pc-tools.net/unix/renattach/

It removes/renames attachments in emails, at the server.  It is very
configurable and is free.

Next: If you opened that attachment on your own, you're an *idiot* and
got what you had coming.

If you *didn't* open it on your own but, your mailreader program did,
you're an *idiot* for running that mailreader and got what you had coming.

John