[Asterisk-Users] basic implimentation

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Mon May 10 15:39:40 MST 2004

Very good question.

I suppose the only real *benefit* we can offer is more in-depth tech support
as well as customized .conf files for a particular setup.  Not everyone
wants to learn * from soup to nuts, let alone the time investment, maybe
they may just want an all in one, awesome phone system that if purchased as
a proprietary system, would cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of
dollars.  Take the NEC IPK system.  Great system, but if you want in-skin
voicemail with eight ports you can add 3k, eight ports of proprietary VoIP
stations add another 3k, PRI card...  well you see...  Some people have the
savy to seek out Asterisk yet they have more important things to attend to,
such as running a business or a busy IT department that cannot spare the
manpower.