[Asterisk-Users] German sound files available

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Mon May 10 12:47:35 MST 2004

ePyron Felix Deierlein wrote:
> But I am still not sure, where I sould place the german digits, letters and
> phonems.
> First I placed everything under sounds/de/.. but then digits did not work,
> then I linked it to /sounds/digits/de/ now I have german digits but
> saynumber is still english.

I think you must have an older version of Asterisk.
saynumber() now works for German in CVS HEAD

I am currently working with Philipp to tweak this & also to extend
support to saydate() & app_voicemail.

> The question where to place the subdirectories. In the wiki is not a real
> answer..

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/de
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/de
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/de