[Asterisk-Users] mailbox numbers

Graham Turner ipcomputers at btconnect.com
Mon May 10 05:58:28 MST 2004

hopefully a quick and not too daft a question but just wanted to check to
see if the extension numbers as defined in extensions.conf and the sections
of sip.conf  needed to have a numbering plan that was exclusive of the
numbers that are allocated to the mailbox numbers that are established for
voicemail.

ie can we have an extension number xxxx and a mailbox number of the same
number ???

this would seem to afford the simplest mapping of an extension to an
identically numbered mailbox.

or as i perhaps suspect the mailbox numbers are in fact "extensions" and as
such need to have a numbering scheme that is exclusive from the extension
numbers

the wiki example seem to suggest we can have an identical numbering scheme
for the two ???

GT

ie can