[Asterisk-Users] Re: quadBRI & ISDN telephone

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Mon May 10 05:34:12 MST 2004

Pedro,

On Fri, 7 May 2004 at 10:51, Pedro Vela wrote:

> We have a quadBRI in NT mode with bri_cpe_ptmp signalling and when
> connect a ISDN telephone to this nothings happen.
>
> What can I do?

- You have to use the right signalling (bri_net_ptmp)

- The phone has to be connected to the card with a crossed cable

- The phone needs power

There are (at least) three ways to get power to the phone:

 - A power feeding module for the quadBRI cars.
 - A phone that has it's own power suply.
 - A NT1 (it could eveb be a broken one) that is being used as a power
   supply for the BRI link in question.

See section 2.2 in

  http://www.pbx4linux.com/download/doc/PBX4Linux.htm

for details on making a crossover cable for ISDN and using an old NT1
as a power supply.

cu
	Reinhard