[Asterisk-Users] app_sms - rocks!

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon May 10 03:44:07 MST 2004

Ok,

I just thought I'd publicly pat Adrian Kennard (revk) on the back for this application. This is an excellent contribution and gets my vote for app of the year.

For those that aren't aware app_sms allows you to send/receive fixed line sms messages from asterisk. ( you can take a look at a quick page showing this http://www.automated.it/asterisk/sms.html ).. I should point out that that this works over IAX2 as well, this means IAXy's with sms capable phones work, and also messaging between asterisk boxes also works. In fact, although I'm guessing, if there was a sip phone that did fixed line sms I bet that would work too.

So big pat on the back for Adrian Kennard (revk), Thanks for all the effort and for sharing!

Andy