[Asterisk-Users] SIP in the UK

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon May 10 00:58:23 MST 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 07:22, Jeremy Bogan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of any providers that can offer local numbers based in
> the UK via IAX or SIP? We're looking at getting a number based in the
> UK.

There are two that I know of and have personal experience with.

http://www.magrathea-telecom.co.uk - talk to Linus, he's s nice guy and has
been very helpful towards us.

http://www.voiptalk.org/ - this is the service-side of "TelAppliant", official
UK Digium resellers.

I've written to VoIPTalk a couple of times and never got any response from
them, and their outbound calling rates aren't fantastic. I would be concerned
about their quality of customer service were I to be considering using them
for business use.

Both providers support IAX2 hookup.

Cheers,
Gavin.