[Asterisk-Users] 500ms usleep in rtp.c ?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun May 9 07:57:01 MST 2004

> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001589
>
> Has anyone else heard an audible blip, break or garble between answer and
> the native bridge attempt using sip?
>
> If I change the usleep(500000); to usleep(5000); in rtp.c the proble totally
> goes away... even the note above it says it needs to be fixed.

Can't say that I've noticed any at all, but then most of our calls are
tdm04b-fxo <--> 7960's with very little bridging.

Since I recall you mentioning your use of 7960's previously, could the blip
be related to the cisco issue/problem associated with slow startup and/or
their v6.x code that drops rtp packets with inconsistence timestamps,
combined with the usleep parameter?

Rich