[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Phones as paging system?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat May 8 09:16:24 MST 2004

At 10:31 AM -0400 5/8/04, Billy Huddleston wrote:
>That won't work.. That'll DIAL multiple phones/extensions, but will only
>bridge 1 of them when it auto-answers..
>
>What we need is a way to have something like meetme call multiple extensions
>and bridge them to a meetme confrence (all of them muted but the admin of
>course, as it's a one way page) and then we would have a true paging
>system..

OK, I typically would badger people into looking in Google for this,
but I'll be darned if I can't find this post on Google myself (search
for "Office-wide paging with Asterisk" or "AGI(callall)" so I'll
re-post here.  This is a terrible hack.  Someone _please_ make this
cleaner.

I'm looking at how to add this to the Wiki, but I don't see anything
that's obviously marked as "start new thread" or similar links.  If
anyone is feeling ambitious, please add the stuff below.

JT