[Asterisk-Users] X100P keeping PSTN line Offhook

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat May 8 06:32:33 MST 2004

Shahid wrote:

>Happens quite often. X100P FXO card puts the PSTN line offhook, so that no
>calls go out or come in. The outside callers get a busy siganl while inside
>callers cant dial PSTN.
>Its a DELL optiplex P3 128MB ram 500MHz processor.
>
>Here is some more info: (see the zapata.conf in the end)
>Please direct me where to look for problem.
>Thanks!!!

>pbx1*CLI> zap show channel 1
>Channel: 1
>File Descriptor: 31
>Span: 1
>Extension:
>Context: bell
>Caller ID string:
>Destroy: 0
>Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
>Owner: <None>
>Real: <None>
>Callwait: <None>
>Threeway: <None>
>Confno: -1
>Propagated Conference: -1
>Real in conference: 0
>DSP: no
>Relax DTMF: yes
>Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
>Default law: ulaw
>Fax Handled: no
>Pulse phone: no
>Echo Cancellation: 128 taps, currently OFF
>Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
>Actual Confmute: No
>Actual Hookstate: Offhook
>
>========= zapata.conf ======================
>busydetect=no
>musiconhold=default
>group=1
>pickupgroup=1
>immediate=no
>context=bell
>signalling=fxs_ks
>callerid=asreceived
>channel => 1
>pickupgroup=1
>immediate=no
>signalling=fxs_ks
>callerid=asreceived
>channel => 2

I have the exact same thing happening.
I was able to track it down to the Music On Hold.
Scenario:
- My boss calls my cellphone
- I do not pick up
- My cellphone's voicemail picks up
- He hangs up
- Asterisk plays On Hold music to voicemail until voicemail on cellphone
times out
- Zap channel is stuck

-- Thomas