[Asterisk-Users] 729 licence on scsi

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri May 7 14:00:33 MST 2004

> I Purchased 4 licences for my SCSI only machine. I do have a CDROM -
> with a mounted CD. The Registration binary gives me a 'Segmentation
> Fault'. Is this like telling me I can't register the licence?
>
> Unfortunately - I only seriously scanned the mailing list after buying
> the keys....
>
> Seems like the licence insists on using an IDE drive to create some sort
> of unique serial number.. Has anyone 'lost' their IDE and had problems?

If you'll just be patient for a little while, I'm working on new G.729
code which does NOT use the voiceage code and thus does NOT have their
stupid SCSI problem.  The new copy protection scheme will be based upon
just the MAC address of your ethernet card, and WILL NOT DO ANYTHING WITH
YOUR HARD DRIVE.  In addition to eliminating the crappy copy protection
code, the new version is approximately twice as fast as the VoiceAge code,
which DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF CHANNELS PER
BOX but does mean that you should be able to get substantially more
channels per box.

Anyway I'll post again on here when we're ready for beta testing, and
anyone that has bought a license for the voiceage code will get to upgrade
to the new code free of charge, of course.

Mark