[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Phones as paging system?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 7 09:57:10 MST 2004

Hi!

> able to support intercom/paging.  Having searched the archives, it
> appears that this question was asked about 6 months ago, and the answer
> was that the Cisco phones support this using SCCP and having one line
> set to auto-answer, but at the time this was not supported in the SIP
> image.  Is this still the case?

Dunno about Cisco, but wanted to let you know that the recent Grandstream
firmware (.55 and later) now also has an auto-answer option. Still I
guess I should mention that the microphone of the GS phones in
speakerphone mode is far from a brilliant implementation (-> echo for the
remote speaker talker, and too thin sound from the person in the room).

Cheers, Philipp