[Asterisk-Users] WI FI IP phones??

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Fri May 7 09:54:17 MST 2004

James Moran wrote:

> No I'm not but it's a hospital that nurses are on call and need to have
> a way to contact them.  On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 09:52, John Fraizer wrote:
>
>>James Moran wrote:
>>

>>>We need to have about 30 phones on one floor
>>>

>>And you really think that WiFi phones are suited for this application?
>>Not an RF engineer, are ya?
>>
>>John

Um, I'm not so sure that you're going to be able to run WiFi at a
hospital.  The life safety/support equipment is most likely not
certified to be resistant to 2.4Ghz interference.  It's been a while
since I looked up ISM allocations but, I can tell you that I've seen
many "good ideas" shot down because of the "potential to interfere" with
the medical equipment.

John