[Asterisk-Users] Newbie x100p install question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri May 7 10:24:54 MST 2004

> PROBLEM: My x100p only does bad things. When I plug the line from the
> wall into the card, other phones in my house go nuts, no dialtone, crazy
> clicking, random tones, etc. Following the steps below, the line is
> screwed up any time I test after step 2. Just plugging the line from the
> wall into the x100p takes my other phones off line. External calls to my
> line hear busy. Obviously, can't do the first testing with asterisk+x100p.
>
> 1. Installed asterisk
> 2. Installed card in slot (no shared IRQs)
> 3. Installed (modprobed) drivers
> 4. Modified config files to just basics for my environment
> 5. Ran ztcfg
> 6. Started asterisk
>
> No errors, asterisk starts fine, modprobe -q shows drivers. Next I'm
> going to experiment with "context" since I've seen several
> recommendations including incoming and bell.
>
> This is kicking my butt, can someone help?

If you're using the x100p's as an interface to a pstn line, then:
1. ensure you are plugging the line into the "line" jack and not the
   phone jack on the x100p card.
2. check your /etc/zaptel.conf file to ensure it includes:
   # The following addresses x100p card #1 and card #2
   fxsks=1-2
   loadzone=us
3. check your /etc/models.conf file to ensure it includes:
   post-install wcfxo /sbin/ztcfg
4. If you're not familiar linux, reboot your system and watch for any
   errors loading modules during startup.