[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-oh323, new version 0.6.1

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Fri May 7 09:03:15 MST 2004

Paul Berger wrote:

>Le jeu 06/05/2004 à 18:52, Michael Manousos a écrit :
>

>>This new version (0.6.1) of asterisk-oh323 fixes the "one-way audio"
>>problem of the previous release.
>>

>Hi, what is the difference between chan_h323 and asterisk-oh323? Are
>they mutually exclusive? Is one "better" than the other?
>chan_h323 came directly with my .deb package, and I am currently
>compiling the CVS version of *, to test ast-oh323, so I may get some
>answers then :-)
>Thanks,
>Paul

<fact>  I created chan_h323 because the author of asterisk-oh323
wouldn't listen to the rest of the community on proper implementation of
an Asterisk channel driver.  After many complaints from others about
asterisk-oh323 on the mailing list and the IRC channel, I took it upon
myself and created chan_h323 and disclaimed my code to Digium so that
Asterisk could have H.323 support 'out of the box' (for better or worse)
</fact>

Any debate on which one is better is beyond me, I am certainly biased.

Jeremy McNamara