[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco 7960 problems persist (for me, anyway)

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Fri May 7 08:29:35 MST 2004

At 09:43 AM 5/7/2004, you wrote:

>It seems that each time I get a new checkout of * from CVS my Cisco 7960
>works worse than before. I know this stuff's in flux, so I mention this in
>case it's news.  Anyone else having trouble?  What I'm seeing (er,
>hearing) is really choppy audio. The previous version I had installed had
>fairly frequent audio dropouts (not present when I make the same calls
>through the same * box using a TDM400P interface).

No dropout problems or choppy audio running Asterisk CVS-04/19/04-14:31:03
with 4 Cisco 7940/60 SIP 6.3 phones on a 2.4GHz P4 Supermicro
server.  Analog phones through our TDM400P do sound much better but the
audio problems on our Cisco SIP phones are echo problems.  People are
working on solutions.

Tom