[Asterisk-Users] WI FI IP phones??

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Fri May 7 07:22:10 MST 2004

You are assuming that they all have to go to the same Access Point and be on the
same channel. For a high density setup you can get APs that allow you to turn
down the signal strength so they can be more densly placed. With the Wisip or
the Zytel you really need to go with g729 anyway for them to work properly at
which point I think the footprint is only about 30kbps. I am not saying this
will work, but I think it could be made to work with the correctly designed Wifi
network. Point of fact we really don't know much about his setup since he just
says "on one floor." The real question here is what is the necessary density per AP?

--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com