[Asterisk-Users] SIP: Trouble with "Moved temporarily" (302)

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 7 07:58:14 MST 2004

Hi!

> 302 Moved is not fully supported by chan_sip.  Personally I like this
> because the way Asterisk currently supports 302 Moved will prevent
> calls from being forwarded outside of Asterisk's dialplan.  I would
> just create an exten => joesmith,1,GoTo(xxx,n) where xxx is the
> extension you want the call to do and n is the priority.  See "show
> application goto".

Hm... I dunno...

The way it works now I am not able to call an *unkown* Nikotel SIP user
(i.e. I am not aware of which username is mapped to the 99xxxxxxxxxx
number), and that's not really so nice. Of course the other option is to
tell Nikotel to re-consider their user setup, but I don't think that'll
work. ;->

I can see the redirection danger though: If Nikotel decided to send me
through PSTN instead then I'd suddenly be charged for the call even
though I still think this is a free VoIP call. So my option here would be
to operate two Nikotel accounts, of which only one has a pre-paid budget,
and the other one without budget is used for redirected/VoIP calls. This
need results from the fact that only authenticated Nikotel users can call
Nikotel users.

Which, by the way, makes me long again for some smarter extension
matching rules than just [1-9], X and N: I'd love to have [alpha] or
[alphanumeric] or [k-m], and possibly also [length:7-9] for variable
numbering plans.

Cheers, Philipp

P.S.: For further discussion see bug #730