[Asterisk-Users] g.729 - licenses and opinions

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu May 6 08:23:04 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 06:51, AR Tarzi wrote:
> I actually wrote that in error, but it's interesting how much noise it
> created.
>
> What I meant to ask, is whether G723 was supported and whether digium
> licenses are available.

Not currently.  However once you get a G723.1 license I don't think
adding support for it to Asterisk would be tough.

Here is the licensing pricing info for G723.1 direct from the patent
holder's web site: http://www.dspg.com/technology/LicensePricing.html

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows