[Asterisk-Users] Date time problems

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Thu May 6 04:46:19 MST 2004

Has anyone experienced any date/time problems on Asterisk?  I have
noticed it on earlier
builds and I believe on this build: CVS-02/16/04-23:57:06
Specifically, I have seen the following problems:
1. Change system time using the "date" command while Asterisk is
running.  Asterisk does not
    synchronize with new system time.
2. Daylight savings time goes on/off at the designated date/time.
Asterisk does not synchronize
    and is off by an hour.
In both cases, restarting Asterisk is the workaround that I found.  If
this is a problem, I figured
that a lot of people would have seen this and discussed it on the list.
(Maybe I'm searching for
the wrong set of terms.) I searched the bug tracker for "time" and came
up empty.

I have observed this problem on a Red Hat 9 system.  I'm going to test
further on some different
OS's but I would like to hear from anyone else that might know why this
is happening.  Thanks!