[Asterisk-Users] MGCP problem

Brad White BWhite at arrival.com
Wed May 5 10:45:53 MST 2004

I seem to have fallen off the list, but saw a reply in the list archives:

>Please add more info. Use 'ngrep port 2727' in order to see the traffic
between the MG and MGC and post that results  >here. -- Juanjo sin .sig

This is a misunderstanding of the problem.  There is not any traffic between
the MG and MGC to look at because asterisk can't determine the endpoint,
re:

> > -- Executing Dial("SIP/9999-0ccc", "MGCP/aaln2/@66.17.13.240") in new >
stack > Apr 23 13:23:40 NOTICE[376847]: chan_mgcp.c:1457 find_subchannel: >
Gateway '66.17.13.240' (and thus its endpoint 'aaln2/') does not exist > >
Apr 23 13:23:40 WARNING[376847]: chan_mgcp.c:3205 mgcp_request: Unable > to
find MGCP endpoint 'aaln2/@66.17.13.240' > Apr 23 13:23:40 NOTICE[376847]:
app_dial.c:554 dial_exec: Unable to > create channel of type 'MGCP'

This is a sip client trying to call a mgcp endpoint.  The very same mgcp
endpoint gets sent dialtone from * and can also originate calls to either
sip clients, or to * itself(the "500" demo for example).    I'm not a
programmer, but the problem as I see it is that * does place brackets around
the ip address when the mgcp endpoint originates a call and when * audits
the endpoint, but * does not place brackets around the ip address when the
mgcp endpoint is the destination of a call.