[Asterisk-Users] app_sms woes

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Wed May 5 09:19:53 MST 2004

Hi,

ok, I've tried to understand the documentation... and I think it's just bypassing my brain completely... Can anyone offer any assistance...

Here's what I'm attempting to do:

a)
1. Create a text file in the correct format and put it in the sc-me.<exten> folder where <exten> is the phone extension.
2. Hoping that this would then be parsed and sent to my Panasonic DECT phone as an SMS

Nothing ever happens.. the file happily sits there ... but is never 'sent' to the phone.

b)
1. Create a message on the phone and send it to another phone....

Neither seem to work for me at all... messages created on the phone appear to bounce back and are 'received' messages .. I don't really grasp what I'm supposed to put into extensions.conf since it all looks a bit wild...  I've looked at the phone and it has 3 sms message centres (all have different numbers), so I took the first one and made an entry for it...

[smsfromphone]

exten => 09110235029,1,SMS(${CALLERIDNUM},s,${EXTEN},${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 09110235029,2,SMS(${EXTEN},a)
exten => 09110235029,3,hangup

this is what happens when I send the message from the phone:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Executing SMS("Zap/2-1", "4|s|09110235029|DECT Phone") in new stack
    -- Executing SMS("Zap/2-1", "09110235029|a") in new stack
    -- SMS TX 93 00 6D 00 00 00...
    -- SMS RX 91 13 01 01 04 81...
May  5 18:08:52 WARNING[638996]: app_sms.c:673 sms_handleincoming: Unknown message type 01
    -- SMS TX 96 03 00 FF 00 68...
    -- SMS RX 94 00 6C 01 04 81...
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack

and the content of the sc-me.4/ file

mr=0
oa=09110235029
scts=2004-05-05 17:58:15
ud=DECT Phone

'ud' which I understand is supposed to be the text i entered on the phone is just the callerid text portion (as set in zapata.conf), ie never the entered text (in this case Hello World).
Every so often the phone says "Transfering Message" and it 'dials' the exten - I assume that it is retrying... it does this 3 times iirc.

I'm really not sure I totally understand the process involved if somone could enlighten me I'd appreciate it.. At this point I'm not attempting to send and receive messages from outside I just wnat to prove that this works internally first..

Thanks

Andy