[Asterisk-Users] Problem in Extension.conf

Frank Mandarino asterisk at spindrift.on.ca
Wed May 5 09:06:52 MST 2004

ghislain at terracom.rw wrote:
> Hi,
> Have a problem in my extension.conf:
>
> I have:
>
> [sip]
> exten => _333.,1,wait,3
> exten => _333.,2,Answer
> exten => _333.,3,AbsoluteTimeout,7
> exten => _333.,4,Hangup
>
> I wanted to test if * is executing this dial plan by calling 3335254255 for
> example.
>
> The problem is as follow:
>
> It waits, it answers but it does not seems to see the Absolutetimeout: call goes
> forever. What's wrong? Am I missing something? (I am new is this field!!!)
>
> regards
>

> ghislain

I think you need to execute the AbsoluteTimeout app before answering the
call, otherwise it won't get executed until the call is hung up and the
dialplan continues from the Answer app.

Try re-ordering your dialplan so that it starts with the AbsoluteTimeout
call.

../fam
Frank A. Mandarino                           fmandarino at spindrift.on.ca
Spindrift Management, Toronto