[Asterisk-Users] Re: Linux IAX client

Christopher Lewis chris at endlessware.com
Wed May 5 07:52:43 MST 2004

> On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:32:30 -0400, Tim Sailer <tps at buoy.com> wrote:
> >Folks,
> >  It seems like the * v 0.9 and iaxcomm won't speak to each other. Is =
>
> there
>
> >another IAX2 client that is usable under Linux (Debian preferred)?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Tim
>
> Did it work before you upgraded asterisk, or you can't get it to work at =
> all?
>
> I'll admit that the QUICKSTART is a bit terse.

I can't speak for Tim, but I can tell you that I had gnophone working with
asterisk 0.7.2.  When I tried upgrading to asterisk 0.9.0, I couldn't get
gnophone to work anymore.  It kept saying it didn't know what to do with the
IAX command.  I did not change any configuration files.  When I went back to
0.7.2, gnophone worked again.  Did IAX change in asterisk 0.9?
--
Christopher Lewis
chris at endlessware.com
Office (360) 968-1606