[Asterisk-Users] asterisk + NEC integration

Tony tony at mail.applog.com
Wed May 5 07:36:29 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 10:09, Jeff Roberts wrote:
> Tony wrote:
>
> >I have an nec electra elite 192 with a t1 card; and am looking for
> >suggestions as to integrating them (can't throw out the system yet!).
> >
> >I have a fully working asterisk server -CVS-04/27/04-19:01:05- (found a
> >hp d220 for $350.00!), 2 digium t100p cards, a plain t1 with loopstart
> >signaling, and 2 working bt102 grandstream ip phones (thanks again Matt
> >for your "start from scratch" article).
> >
> >This is what I'd like:
> >
> >t1 (loopstart)24 channels
> >Asterisk t100p #1
> >Asterisk t100p #2 (best signaling option to NEC - e&m wink, ls, pri? it
> >will do any of these)
> >NEC t1 card - 30 extensions.
> >
> >I found on the wiki David Gomillion's nortel to asterisk (very well
> >done) but he used a pri at both ends.
> >
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated - and I have no problems
> >documenting the process for inclusion to the wiki.
> >
> >t o n y

> Tony,
> I have the same nec system you have with about the same number of
> extensions.  Would be pretty expensive to replace all those phones.  I
> am looking to implement * around the end of the year at this office.  I
> am hoping the citel gateway product that was mentioned on the list will
> support the etw series handsets by then.  However, I would be happy with
> a solution similar to what you have in mind if its workable.  I don't
> know how to do it either, but I'm definitely interested in avoiding
> buying 30 new phones.
> -Jeff

My first thought was to use the analog port (we already have) to attach
asterisk to the NEC... but I want the nec to go away someday.
I talked to our local nec service guy - he thinks it's doable, and is
fasinated by asterisk. I gave him one of our old compaq 720 servers and
he has a working config now.
I will cc you if I come up with a good answer --- I will also post to
the wiki.
t o n y