[Asterisk-Users] Early B3

Togan Muftuoglu toganm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 5 04:39:05 MST 2004

* Ignace CARIA; <ignace.caria at level-it.be> on 05 May, 2004 wrote:
>Does anybody can explain me what is early B3?

I have been reading the mailinglist archieves, since the current status
of documentation, IMHO, is not good enough. So I have been collecting
information inorder to put a workable document for furher installs.
Anyway here is what I found  in regards to your question, hope it helps

<quote>
early B3 connects will let you hear the inband call progress
that your telco's switch sends you (ring indication,....).
the "b" enables all inband call messages (including those
"your call cannot be completed as dialed", busy ....). this may
not be suitable for all type of applications, therefore there
is the "B" option which enables early B3 connects on success.
That means you will get ring indication or you can get the
dialtone from your telco by dialing an empty number.
In a normal pbx application the "b" option makes sense

</quote>

--

Togan Muftuoglu