[Asterisk-Users] SIP Pick up groups

John Pugh johnpugh at cambrian-printers.co.uk
Wed May 5 03:08:17 MST 2004

All,

I know the question has been asked before, but any of the solutions
posted in the past have not solved my problem.

I have got a Asterisk setup using a P4 1.8 / 512mb server running Redhat
Enterprise 3  and  3 grandstream budgetone phones (plus a couple of xten
clients on windows) and I'm at advanced stage of testing to see if
asterisk will fill our needs as a PBX using voice over IP  internally
and connecting to a ISDN 30 (in the future), and I have one main
question and another little question which I think I already know the
answer to.

When ringing phone to phone (using the grandstreams) and then trying to
pick up the call on the other grandstream phone I get the error message:
"chan_sip.c:5417 handle_request: Nothing to pick up" in the asterisk
console. I know the SIP pickup wasn't working a while back but I presume
it is now, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something in my SIP.conf below if
anyone can help I would be most apprieciated, I've been pulled my hair
out over this one !

The second question was, for connecting to a isdn 30 bundle, is the
Wildcard E100P the card to use ?

Many Thanks

John Pugh

johnpugh at cambrian-printers.co.uk