[Asterisk-Users] mediatrix 1104

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue May 4 17:21:59 MST 2004

> I just got a Mediatrix 1104 evaluation unit -- a 4 port fxs sip gateway.
> There's no printed documentation shipped with the unit, but I have a piece
> of software for windows that shipped with a different model (which I haven't
> tried configuring yet), that uses snmp to set misc variables (ip settings,
> sip stuff, etc.).  Fairly baroque interface & pretty slim on help...
>
> Basically, I'm wondering if anyone's ever configured one of these things for
> use with *, & if anyone could share any tips with me...  Doesn't seem like
> I'm getting it to register w/* -- I thought I'd been setting the proxy
> username/password in this thing, but I keep getting this with sip debug:

Seems all of the Mediatrix stuff is configured through snmp only. Finding
and changing the parameters is a royal pain, however others have posted to
the list using that same model.

I would stay away from their fxo model however. After many hours of
working with a reseller, ended up having to send it back.

Mediatrix's gameplan seems to be oriented towards selling the fxs and fxo
boxes in pairs as a form of toll bypass. They really aren't interested in
standards and making their products work with *, etc.