[Asterisk-Users] T1 DID problem

Pat Boyle pboyle at drizzle.com
Tue May 4 11:05:58 MST 2004

Thanks for the reply.

If I delete the "6" extension and leave the 6020 extension, asterisk won't answer it and I get the invalid extension message from asterisk.  I suspect that for some reason, the zaptel driver is only passing forward "6" of the full four digits "6020."

Any thoughts on why I'm only getting a single digit of the 4 digit DID?
-Pat

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 11:52, Pat Boyle wrote:
> -- zaptel.conf --
> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> e&m=1-8
> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us
>
> -- extensions.conf --
> ; Need an extension to pick up calls from the T1 that uses e&m wink
> ; This comes in as a 6 instead of 4 full digits
> ; then pass to the s extension
> exten => 6,1,Wait(1)
> exten => 6,2,Goto(incoming,s,1)

Get that out of your incoming. You have to match on as many of the
unique digits they are sending to you. Don't include any other contexts
that might match early. Specifically your incoming should probably just
contain a list of your DID numbers and a gotos that direct it to the
right sections of the dialplan.

exten => 1111,1,goto(Sales-in,s,1)
exten => 2222,1,goto(Tech-in,s,1)
exten => 3333,1,goto(vmail,s,1)
exten => 4444,1,goto(extensions,110,1)
exten => 5555,1,goto(extensions,111,1)

Get the picture? With DID you have to be careful not to match too early,
and this will help you avoid early matches by only being able to match
to the exact DID numbers being sent.