[Asterisk-Users] Number of Digium cards in one box...

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Mon May 3 15:37:24 MST 2004

I know, I know, check the archives but I can't find an answer since the
new cards are well, NEW!

I understand the whole issue of expandability and flexibility of using a
T1 card and an Adtran 750. FXO or FXS, you mix and match.

With the new card offerings from Digium I can easily put a 4CO by 8
Station system together.

Barring the extra interrupts, extra CPU Cycles of extra interfaces, is
there a reason why I would not do this??

How much overhead would the 4 port cards put on a system?? At what point
would the breakeven point be??

The cost of the T1 card is not the problem, the cost of a channel bank,
New, no-ebay, or used stuff here. I want to compare new apples to new
apples, not used.

Any comments???

Alex