[Asterisk-Users] iconnecthere behind NAT, strange deal

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon May 3 12:25:51 MST 2004

bdolljr at bigskytech.com wrote:
> Check 0001436 in the bugtracker. This was the original bug fix which
> broke outbound calls. Additional work was done on this bug to fix a
> problem with incoming calls (see marks comments at the end). Maybe you
> got a CVS while this was being worked on? Maybe there is still a problem?

I'm really scratching my head now.

After about ten minutes of these (included for archive purposes) messages:

May  3 13:43:34 NOTICE[114696]: chan_sip.c:3346 sip_reg_timeout:
Registration for '15126919417 at 213.137.73.140' timed out, trying again
     -- Got SIP response 482 "Loop Detected" back from 213.137.73.140

The CLI screen returned to normal, and now calls in both directions seem
to be proceeding just fine, except for the well-known "second of
silence" at the very beginning of a call.

It must have been some kind of saved state at their end related to the
older attempts to register?

Anyways.  All appears to be well even though I can't explain what happened.

Thanks.

B.