[Asterisk-Users] quad fxo

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon May 3 11:57:37 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:39, Michael Sandee wrote:
> The bus isn't wrong... debian is wrong. Like everything in debian... it
> ships with an old pci.ids
> (No flames intended... but still :P )

If that was all, then it would have still showed up in the PCI bus just
like you mention below.

It also means he is probably running the "STABLE" version. Debian named
it stable only because they don't change it very often. If you want
something as new as the other distros, you have to go with "Testing", or
"Unstable", possibly even "Experimental". Just be glad they properly
mark their releases unlike others whose x.0 releases shouldn't ever be
trusted in a production environment.

(Not flaming either, just filling in the picture)

> replace yours with one from:
> http://pciids.sourceforge.net/
>
> And It *should* report it better... (Didn't verify)

Same should work with an upgrade in debian.

> Not that any of this matters... Just load the driver and get on with it.

While this may be true, the kernel should probably be recompiled for
best performance on the new hardware.