[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Mon May 3 10:29:02 MST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 11:13:17AM -0500, brian said:
> If you live in a one-party state you can record ANY call in or out ..
> doesn't matter if the call comes from/to out of state or not.  You are
> within the rights of your state.  I live in Oklahoma and I record EVERY call
> in our out of my house with asterisk.

The site:
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/interstate.html

has something to say about this. Apparently it depends on the state, and
how the states handle "conflict of law", and in which state someone files
suit. The recommendation is to follow the laws that are more strict in
cases where there is a conflict. I suppose you could do something with a
database of area codes, and if no caller ID is present, assume you can't
record.