[Asterisk-Users] X101P problems

Chris Maresca ckm at crust.net
Sun May 2 18:02:40 MST 2004

All,

I'm having some issues with an X101 clone.  The machine is not plugged
into the network right now, but I'll pull the configs and send them on
shortly, but they are similar to the sample configs.

Problem 1: "ZAP cannot create channel"

For some reason, the cards hang after a call.  It's pretty annoying since
the only thing that will fix it is a restart of asterisk.

There are two cards in the machine, both with their own, non-overlapping
IRQ's.  ztcfg and zap show channels show both cards properly configured
and working.  Inbound calls work properly, but outbound PSTN calls hang
the interface.

Here is the strange part, and the two problems may be related.  The way
outbound calls are originated is through a Sipura SIP adapter and an
analog phone.  During the call, as monitored at the command line, * shows
the SIP call originating, the dial command for the ZAP interface being
started and _the ZAP interface answering_, which seems to result in the
originating station not getting a ring tone...   After the call, it shows
the SIP call terminated, but the ZAP channel remains unavailable until a *
restart.  Reloading the configs does nothing.

Problem 2: "No ring tone on SIP to PSTN calls"

When calling a PSTN phone from a SIP phone, there is no ring tone.
Putting an 'r' at the end of the dial line results in a single ring only,
under every circumstance.  The * montering shows that the ZAP interface
answers the call, which is wierd.   Perhaps this has something to do with
context?  Should outbound calls be in a different context than incoming
calls?  Is it possible that * is answering itself?  This would seem
to be wrong as the remote number (my cell in this case) actually
rings normally, there's just silence on the * side...  Perhaps someone
can shed light on my extensions.conf when I manage to get to it....

Problem 3: "Random ringbacks"

I'm getting random ringbacks and just generally random rigs on the Sipura
SIP adaptor.  These seem to occur when the connection between * and the
Sipura is disrupted, as well as at random times.  Is there a way to fix or
disable this behavior?  It's very annoying.

If anyone can shed any light on these problems, I'd be gratefull.  I
almost threw the box out the window today I was so frustrated...

Thx.

Chris.
--
chris maresca