[Asterisk-Users] Grab phone call ?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Sun May 2 15:50:41 MST 2004

(We prefer plain text posting over HTML posting) ;-)

> Let's say i have a call to a extension 115. But i'm
> under the extension 118 how take the call from 115
> to my extension using * ??
This has been covered a number of times on the list and in the wiki but it's
such a nice day outside I can't be arsed getting all flamey with it..

Short answer: *8

Long answer: It depends on the channel type. Zap channels have a bunch of
feature codes hard coded and *8 (pickup) is one of those. You have to have a
pickup group defined for each extension in your config file for this to
work. For SIP channels, I'm not totally sure - there's been talk of it
working, it not working, it working if you patch things.. Check the
archives, search for "call pickup" (or "pick up" maybe) and check the wiki
at www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

Cheers
Paul