Caller ID Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Support Digium

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun May 2 13:07:37 MST 2004

Jon Lawrence [jon at lawrence.org.uk] wrote:
> I emailed sales at digium asking whether the new module supported
> international (ie non bellcore) cli. The answer was yes, but it's not yet
> implemented in the driver - driver implementation is in the pipeline
> apparently. Whether this means that the detection is in the hardware or
> not I don't know.

I'll take that to mean that the support is in the hardware, which is
very good news.

The Digium shop (http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/newitd1pofxo.html)
says that I must have PCI 2.2 to make use of the card, so that probably
rules out the current machine I'm using, which is an old Pentium II
300-ish.  I don't really know how to tell which PCI version that server
is using, but I doubt that it's up to date.

Someone on IRC once pointed out the conflict between "suggested" and
"must" on a similar page and said that their TDM400P (FXS-only at the
time) was working on a PCI 2.1 system.  Can anyone confirm whether a
PCI 2.2 bus is mandatory?  Perhaps I need to throw the server out along
with the X101P card before I can order a TDM400P and a shiny new FXO
module.

The same Digium shop page suggests that two PCI slots would be required.
I'll assume the card is too fat, with the daughter board(s) fitted, to
fit into a single slot.

The "BT CD50 and soldering iron" plan is looking more and more like the
one I'll be going with for now.  If anyone has a pre-modified (and working)
BT CD50, or similar, and would like to sell it to me then please feel
free to email me off-list, otherwise I'll order the parts and have a go
myself.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz