[Asterisk-Users] Talking SIP to Vocal

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sun May 2 10:27:37 MST 2004

Philipp von Klitzing wrote:

>Hi!
>

>>I'm trying to get Asterisk to talk SIP to Vocal and so far have only
>>managed to get it partially working.  Calls in from Vocal are working
>>fine but outbound calls aren't.
>>

>I haven't looked at your settings, but two days ago I upgraded to latest
>CVS and since then I am unable to place outgoing calls with Nikotel - the
>rest of the SIP calls seem to work fine, however, including FWD.
>Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to dig a bit deeper into this.

I think the username/secret items in sip.conf are busted.  A quick
ethereal trace shows that when placing an outbound call to another
provider via SIP, * is not using the username defined during the
authentication challenge, instead it uses the username of the phone
placing the call.  A rollback to CVS of a week ago fixes the issue.