[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Ringtones

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat May 1 16:11:50 MST 2004

brian wrote:
> Brian,
> 	You forgot to mention the most important "hell is gonna freeze over"
> feature added.  iLBC

Yep, and it's working.  The other asterisk clients with which I'm
interconnecting are reporting codec 1024 all right.  Sound quality is
fine, and I'm working up a method of assessing the actual bandwidth it's
taking.  Anyone know how to do that easily on a busy network connection?

I see iLBC as a major enhancement to those phones.

But the ringtones are cool, too, if we could figure out how to use them. .

Thx.

B.