[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk VS. Skype

Steve Curtis scurtis at pop3.fixation.net
Sat May 1 12:55:47 MST 2004

On 30 Apr 2004, at 16:08, Gustavo García Bernardo wrote:
>>> .
> Skype - What do you know about it?

Unfortunately I don't know too much of its technical details - only
what I've seen on the Web (lost the address sorry) and the fact that
I've just been a user of Skype for quite a while and they seem to be
trying quite hard to make it easy to use and efficient.  The PocketPC
client is a very clever move - It does everything VOIP should do - just
a shame its not Open Source !

The PSTN access can't be far away now - they are not making any money
but getting lots of funding so get ready for those international dial
buttons to appear in a future version..

Cheers,
Steve