[Asterisk-Users] C7960 "busy" notification

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Wed Mar 31 19:02:57 MST 2004

Perhaps the 7960 has "Call Waiting" set to "YES" - this being the case, you're
really not hitting a "busy" but the 15 sec "timeout" instead.

Try setting "CallWaiting=No" in the 7960 you should then get a 'busy'.

Oh, another thing. If you have multiple line appearences configured as the same
SIP phone on the 7960, you will have the same problem if the call rolls to the
next available line.

HTH,
-b

Quoting Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>:

> Using the following defnitions with a C7960:
>
> exten => 3001,1,Dial(SIP/3001,15,r)
> exten => 3001,2,Voicemail2(u3001)
> exten => 3001,102,Voicemail2(b3001)
> exten => 3001,103,Hangup
>
> If someone is on this phone (real conversation) and another call comes in,
> the second call goes through the 15 second timeout and is dropped into the
> 2-priority as "unavailable" (not the 102 busy as expected).
>
> Do I need to do something different to hit the 102 busy priority?
>
> Rich

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.