[Asterisk-Users] Extension ringing but no ringing sound.

kc2eni at nyc-ares.org kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Mar 31 18:32:26 MST 2004

Hi Gene,

I had this problem. I found that it would work between
devices that shared the same codec settings but not
otherwise.

Try adding |T to the end of your extensions dialing
string. This will force * to handle the call and so do
any codec mangling. This has a hit on your server but
at least you'll know that that is the definite problem.

Once you've proved it you can fix it properly by
setting your clients to the same codecs.

I find that the grandstream 101 comes set with g729 as
its standard but it is changable.

Mark

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:05:49 -0500, "Gene Kochanowsky"
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This is probably some configuration issue, but for
some
> reason my system
> has stopped playing a ringing sound when an extension
> is dialed. The
> phone rings but there is no ring sound in the ear
piece.